Thursday 24 September 2009

Veni, vedi, veneer

Sim, who is an interiors stylist and therefore is running all around the London Design Festival, very helpfully pointed me in the direction of designer Zoe Murphy. I am now sick with desire for Zoe's cushions which are made from recycled wedding dress silk, hand printed and then backed with vintage cloth. Sick I tell you: I want I want I want. Visit Zoe's blog and join in my mania, why don't you?

Meanwhile, what Zoe is really known for are her reclaimed and refurbed pieces of furniture. With new veneers and hand printing, she makes tired mid century oldies into objects of affection. Have a good old wander around her webular site here: www.zoemurphy.com.

And as we've now established that Sim has a great eye, don't miss the Affordable Art Fair 22-25 October where she'll be lending a helping hand at Alicia David Contemporary Art.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.